Monday, October 4, 2010

Album review! Death's "Individual Thought Patterns"


I've been an avid Death fan easily for 7 years. I first heard this band when i was in my sophomore year of highschool. Ever since I heard the album "Scream Bloody Gore" for the first time, I've been completely obsessed. Everything I had listened to from them was great. The early material more primal and brutal, and eventually progressed into a very melodic, more technical approach. Either way, all the music is great.
Up until this weekend, I had heard every album except one of them. There's no reason why I never listened to it before, I just for some reason never did. Well this weekend, I took a listen to "Individual Thought Patterns" for the first time, and it blew me away. This album contains some of the most creative, and catchy riffs Chuck Schuldiner ever wrote, in my opinion. It's not as heavy, and not as raw as the album "Leprosy" so to say, but it has it's moments where it is indeed pretty crushing. Some songs that contain some of my favorite riffs are "In Human Form", "Mentally Blind", and "Trapped In A Corner". Also, the first song, "Overactive Imagination" is extremely awesome, and way heavy. There isn't really a bad song on here!
Over all rating, 8/10. A thoughtful album!; Aims straight for the head, and destroys the brain >;]

Here is a link to download the album: http://www.mediafire.com/?mmlunm0rn0z

No comments:

Post a Comment